The Heat Pad runs off a 12 volt smart lithium ion battery with four temperature settings and has been made from a light weight super soft leatherette fabric combined with heat resistant insulation wadding to trap and reflect the heat back onto the muscles to soothe and relax them.
BENEFITS OF HEAT THERAPY;
- Heat therapy dilates the blood vessels of the muscles . This process increases the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the muscles, helping to heal the damaged tissue and increase the elimination of carbon dioxide and metabolic waste.
- Heat stimulates the sensory receptors in the skin, which means that applying heat to any part of the body, on both people and animals, will decrease transmissions of pain signals to the brain and partially relieve discomfort.
- Heat therapy will decrease stiffness, increase flexibility and improve overall feeling of comfort. Especially around the saddle and poll area on horses and lower back and shoulders on people
- The Heat Pad is excellent at aiding relaxation and reducing stress
The Heat Pad package includes;
- The Heat Pad (33cm*45cm)
- A tough 600D polyester protective bag
- 170 cm long neoprene waist belt (can be cut down or folded to size)
- An elastic strap (surcingle) (two sizes available to choose from 180cm long or 215cm)
- A 12 volt smart lithium ion battery with four temperature settings
- A charger
We have safety as our first thought, the battery has a special built in thermostat to prevent overheating. If the battery becomes too warm then the battery itself will turn off automatically.
Features-the battery pack is mobile and can be moved from the heat pad onto the neoprene waist belt.